App: synd (RSS/Feed Viewer)

synd

A TUI feed viewer

t-rec_2

2 Likes

This looks pretty neat. I’d suggest slowing down the animation a bit if you can to make it easier to make out some of the functionality, and perhaps allocating a bit more space to the bottom summary / detail panes.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. I have slowed down the animation speed. I also appreciate your advice on the panels.

Hi @ymgyt,

I just wanted to say that I find your Rust code clear and easy to understand. I will probably come back to it and try to take ideas. I especially liked your keymap code and how it is used to implement vim-style ‘gg’ and ‘ge’ in the app.

Your app’s home page has more installation options than I have ever seen. I would be far too lazy to set that up!

Next feature for synd is is editing the list of feeds in the app instead of a text editor. :slight_smile: (just kidding)

1 Like

Thank you for checking out synd!
For installation, I’m using cargo-dist. By setting it up like:

installers = [“shell”, “powershell”, “npm”, “homebrew”]

and running cargo dist init, it conveniently outputs the CI YAML.

Originally, I started this project because I wanted to understand Helix, a Rust-based editor, and thought it would be interesting to create my own TUI. (helix fork own tui-rs)
The keymap implementation is based on Helix’s.

Next feature for synd is editing the list of feeds in the app instead of a text editor. :slight_smile: (just kidding)

Implementing text input was more challenging than I anticipated, so I decided to leave it to $EDITOR. I thought it was a great feature of TUI to seamlessly integrate buffers with the user’s preferred $EDITOR.

1 Like